Windows 8.1 code name “Windows blue” will be available to download as public preview on 26 June 2013.
- Start Button is back again.
- Internet Explorer 11 allows user to show address bar, tabs similar to old IE.
- Improved search functionality for apps, program within OS.
- Ability to switch back to traditional windows desktop easily.
- Visibility of control panel let user manages power option, display settings, Windows update and join domain.
- Better personalization, built-in apps, Windows Store and cloud connectivity such as sky drive.
- Windows embedded version will allow connectivity to ATMs, point of service (POS) terminals and kiosks.
- Better mouse and keyboard option for desktop user.
Microsoft sold 100 million Windows 8 license. Microsoft listened to user who complained that Windows 8 is a tablet version not a desktop. Again Microsoft will allow Windows 8 user to download and upgrade to Windows 8.1 for free via Windows store.