You can run the Smart Update Firmware DVD either online or offline. When performing an offline deployment, you can boot the server from the Smart Update Firmware DVD or from a USB drive key that contains the Smart Update Firmware DVD contents. Download the latest Smart Update ISO, go to http://www.hp.com/support, Search the model of your server, select the Windows Operating System version, locate the Software – CD-ROM section on this page, and then click the Download button. Download and Save the ISO on Admin PC.
Temporarily disable BitLocker support to allow firmware updates in Windows Server:
1. Click Start, and then search for gpedit.msc in the Search Text box.
2. When the Local Group Policy Editor starts, click Local Computer Policy.
3. Click Computer ConfigurationAdministrative TemplatesWindows ComponentsBitlocker Drive Encryption.
4. When the BitLocker settings are displayed, double-click Control Panel Setup: Enable Advanced startup options.
5. When the dialog box appears, click Disable.
6. Close all windows, and then start the firmware update.
Deploying components online
1. Insert the Smart Update Firmware DVD or USB drive key. The Smart Update Firmware DVD interface opens. Open a CLI. To access the Smart Update Firmware DVD, enter one of the following commands:
On Windows operating systems, enter:
On Linux operating systems, enter:
2. Read the End-User License Agreement. To continue, click Agree. The Smart update Firmware DVD interface appears.
3. Click the Firmware Update tab.
4. Click Install Firmware. HP SUM is initiated.
5. Select and install components.
1. Plug in the USB key with the Automatic Mode ISO image or use the Automatic Mode ISO image from a hard drive on a remote client computer.
2. Using Microsoft Internet Explorer, browse to ILO Management IP address.
3. Log in with your iLO administrative credentials.
4. Click the virtual media tab, and then click Virtual Media Applet.
5. In the Virtual CD/DVD-ROM section, click Local Image File.
6. Click Browse. Locate the firmware ISO image, and then click Open.
7. To connect to the ISO image, click Connect.
8. Return to the iLO website. Click the Power Management tab.
9. Using the Momentary Press button, power up the server.
10. Once booted, at the menu, select either Automatic Mode (default) or Interactive Mode. At the prompt, select a language and keyboard.
11. Click Continue. Read the End-User License Agreement. To continue, click Agree. The Smart Update Firmware DVD interface appears.
12. Click the Firmware Update tab. Click Install Firmware. HP SUM is initiated.
13. Select and install components. Reboot the server. A remote console session is terminated if the iLO firmware is updated during the Automatic Mode firmware update process.