When you create a Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) HTTPS portal trunk, only HTTPS requests that arrive at the Forefront UAG are handled by the trunk. This topic describes how to create a redirect trunk to automatically redirect HTTP requests made by remote endpoints to the HTTPS trunk.
|Web Sites||Inbound Requested Port||Request Redirected To|
Step1: Before you create a redirect trunk, note the following:
1. Make sure that you have already created the HTTPS trunk to which you want to redirect HTTP requests.
2. Make sure you define all the parameters of the HTTPS Connections trunk before you create the redirect trunk, including the definitions you make in the Forefront UAG Management console after completing the New Trunk Wizard.
If at a later stage, you change the IP address or port number of the HTTPS Connections trunk, do one of the following:
1. Update the IP address or port number manually in the relevant redirect trunk.
2. Delete the existing redirect trunk and create a new one.
3. Redirect trunks are not monitored by the Forefront UAG Web Monitor.
4. Sessions in redirect trunks are not calculated in the session count of Forefront UAG. When an HTTP session is redirected to HTTPS via a redirect trunk, it is only counted as one HTTPS session.
Step2: create a redirect trunk
1. In the Forefront UAG Management console, in the left navigation tree, right-click HTTP Connections, and then select New Trunk.
2. In the Create Trunk Wizard, select HTTP to HTTPS redirection, and then click Next.
3. All HTTPS trunks for which no redirect trunk exists are listed.
4. Select the HTTPS trunk to which you want to redirect HTTP requests, and then click Finish.
5. A new trunk with the same name as the HTTPS trunk you selected is created in the left navigation tree.
6. HTTP requests that arrive at the external Web site that is defined for this trunk are redirected to the HTTPS trunk you selected in the wizard.