Bandwidth Splitter is a third party tools which works as an extension for
Forefront TMG 2010 that allow granular management of internet bandwidth
by shaping and setting up quota for the existing Internet connection and
distributing it users and groups according to preset rules.
Basic features of Bsplitter are:
- traffic shaping and throttling
- Setting up quotas for Internet traffic uses in megabytes
- Real-time monitoring through Forefront TMG Console
- Generating bandwidth usage reports
Prerequisites to install BSplitter on FF TMG 2010 Server:
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 or Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system
- Microsoft Forefront TMG 2010 Standard Edition or Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft SQL Server Compact 3.5 Server Tools
- IIS Backward compatibility
- MDAC-Microsoft KB952287
Download SQL server compact server tools and install on FF TMG 2010 server.
Install IIS6 management compatibility using Server Manager>Add New Features.
Once you finished installing all pre-requisite,
download Bandwidth Splitter and install on TMG server.
Now create appropriate shaping rule rules for individuals or a group of users.
Right click on Shaping Rules>New>Rules. Follow the wizard and select as appropriate.
To create quota for a group, right click on quota rule>New>rule.
Follow the wizard and select as appropriate for your infrastructure.
Once finished. Apply changes.