Step1: Place ESX Host into maintenance mode
Log on to ESX host using vSphere 4.1 Client and place Host into maintenance mode.
Step2: HBA Bios Upgrade (Only for HP Proliant G7): To perform an offline BIOS update on an HP-branded Brocade HBA card that has been installed on the VMware vSphere ESX 4.1 host system follow the steps as below:
- Download HBA live cd from Offline BIOS Upgrade Installation kit for HP branded Brocade HBAs
- Create a CD from the Offline BIOS Upgrade Installation ISO image.
- Insert the CD into the CD/DVD drive or mount ISO using iLO and then boot the system.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and instructions to boot.
- Access the system command shell so that you can issue BCU commands.
- Use one of the following commands to update the HBA boot code:
- To update HBA boot code in all adapters in the server, enter the BCU command:
- # #bcu boot –upload brocade_adapter_boot_fw_v2-1-1-0 -a
- To update HBA boot code in a single adapter, enter the BCU command:
# bcu boot –upload 1 brocade_adapter_boot_fw_v2-1-1-0
- Reboot the system.
- 1 is the adapter_id HBA if you have multiple HBA.
- brocade_adapter_boot_fw_v2-1-1-0 is the name of the firmware image file.
- -a indicates that the boot code should be uploaded to all installed Brocade HBAs on the host.
Step3: Install HBA Driver
- Download and install VMware vSphere CLI
- Open CLI and change directory to C:Program FilesVMwareVMware vSphere CLIbin
- .Vihostupdate.pl Server 10.12.243.130 –-username root –-password Password1 -–install –-bundle E:offline-bundleBCD-bfa-184.108.40.206-00000-offline_bundle-344638.zip
- Reboot ESX Host Server
- Log on to ESX host using vSphere Client
- Click Configuration>click Storage Adapters>Rescan and you will be presented with FC HBA