Microsoft has released successor of Forefront Client Security i.e. Forefront Endpoint Protection 2010.
Minimum Systems Requirement for Management Server: windows server 2003 SP2
Component required: Windows installer 3.1, .Net 3.5 SP1, SQL 2005SP2 or SQL 2008
SCCM 2007 SP2 installed with Hardware Inventory, Software Distribution and Desired Configuration Management are configured.
Client: Windows XP Sp3, Vista, Windows7, Windows Server 2003/2008
Components installed: Configuration Manager agent, Windows Installer 3.1, Filter manager rollup (KB914882), WFP rollup package (KB981889),Redistributed by client, Windows Update
What’s new? Forefront Endpoint Protection is built on SCCM. FEP provides single point of management and monitoring facilities.
- FEP protects your organization from following threats:
- FEP protects against the latest malware and rootkits with low false positives.
- FEP detects system behavior and file reputation data to identify unknown threats.
- FEP keeps employees productive with low performance impact scanning.
- FEP helps administrators centrally manage Windows Firewall protections across the enterprise.